Data Access Intervention Initiative
What is Data Access Intervention Initiative (DAII)?
The Data Access Intervention Initiative (DAII) is a program developed by the Institute of Information Management (IIM), aimed at promoting access to information for effective service delivery in the society. Individuals and organisations should have access to information as at when needed, as effective data access will enable researchers, policymakers, technology developers and the public access to information, use and share knowledge for informed decisions.
The initiative is developed to assist in identifying and perusing into the information needs of various sectors of the society, including developing solutions aimed at meeting those needs. With DAII, individuals and organisations will be able to access reliable and accurate information to meet their information need.
DAII is ultimately expected to facilitate an industry movement to connect citizens to various services like healthcare, education, real estate etc.
Data Access Intervention Initiative (DAII) Projects (Health Sector)
MedicPurse - http://medicpurse.com/
Users will have the opportunity to logon to DAI website to create their Profile. This information will be securely retained for their own records or use.
Challenges facing the for Health Sector
It is common knowledge that the health sector in Nigeria is faced with several challenges ranging from lack of adequate training for health workers, lack of data processing facilities, lack of access to patients records due to poor health records management, and lack of resources by health facilities to deploy health information management systems and technologies. Planning, monitoring and evaluation of health services are hampered by the paucity of reliable data and health services therefore cannot be managed efficiently on the basis of available data.
MedicPurse, an health information system comprises of features developed to capture health information and intelligence that is used to monitor and manage the health of individuals registered on the system for the ultimate improvement of public health. MedicPurse allows you to be in control of your healthcare and that of your family.
Being able to access your health records in an emergency situation can be lifesaving and you can also plug your health information into mobile apps and other health tools. This can help you to stay in control of your health and that of your family. It’s your health record and it’s about you so you should have it readily accessible when you need it!
MedicPurse was designed to empower patients with their own health data and improve the quality of patient-clinician interactions with the expectation that these would contribute to enhanced quality of life, better treatment outcomes and potential reduction in costs.
Using MedicPurse, patients have an easy way to retrieve and keep track of their health. MedicPurse offers physicians an easy way to provide that data to patients.
Objectives of MedicPurse
- It is aimed at strengthening health information systems for better healthcare
- It is aimed at support the development of strategies, policies and procedures for better healthcare
- It is aimed at strengthening data sources, collection and management
- It is aimed at supporting general registration and vital statistics systems
- It is aimed at promoting easy access to health information
Benefits using MedicPurse
The ability to electronically access and use your health records is critically important. Your secure and seamless electronic access to view, update and download your health records and information online ensures you can:
- Verify your personal information to ensure it is correct, current and complete
- Have your medical history available if you are changing doctors or visiting a specialist
- Manage important health information like vaccination records, medications and test results
- Share your information with people you trust, like your family doctor, specialists, and caregivers
- Locate specific information concerning your health and healthcare when you need it, for example in an emergency situation or when you are traveling out of town away from your usual healthcare providers
- In a single view, patients can review their health records from all of their providers.
- Family members can manage the health records of their loved ones from any distance and at any time.
- Patients have full and convenient access to their records through MedicPurse and can download or email report(s) at will.
- No more waiting for an office to open. Patients have full access to their records 24/7 and from any location that has Internet access.
- Patients’ health information are automatically updated when physicians update their EHRs.
- For busy patients on the go, personal health information is fully accessible from any mobile device.
- Prevent someone from giving you the wrong medication
- Avoid duplicate tests and procedures which can save you time, money, and even risks to your safety
- Avoid costly delays in treatment by having important information at your fingertips
- Make sure everyone caring for you or your family is on the same page
Health Information Protection in MedicPurse
MedicPurse is based on the framework of data security, privacy protection and ultimately patient empowerment.
MedicPurse puts the information others hold about you in your hands. You decide how to use it. Using MedicPurse does not give anyone else access to your health records unless you choose to share it. Healthcare providers, such as doctors and hospitals, will be accountable for the privacy and security of patients’ health records in their care after being trained and certified by the Institute of Information Management.
To use MedicPurse, healthcare providers will be required to set up physical, administrative and technical safeguards to protect patients’ health records. This may include “access controls” like passwords and PIN numbers to help limit who has access to patients’ health records; “encryption” so your health information can’t be read or understood except by someone who is approved to view it; and an “audit trail” so there is a record of who has looked at your information and what changes were made to it and when.
Once a patient or user download his or her health records, it becomes the responsibility of the patient or user to protect their information.
To ensure that your health records are kept private and secure, only you or someone who has your permission can access your health records through MedicPurse. Since this requires that you log in to patient portal (a place for you to store and manage your health records online), you will likely be able to secure your health records with a username and password.
Personal health information Patients can enter on MedicPurse includes;
- Demographic Information
- Emergency Contact information
- Health Care Providers
- Health Insurance
- Treatment Facilities
- Medical conditions and personal medical history
- Medications, herbals, and supplements
- Allergies and adverse reactions
- Lab and test results
- Vitals and Readings
- Family Health History (Self and Relatives)
- Health data such as blood sugar, blood pressure, weight, etc.
- Any other health-related information the patient s feels a doctor or hospital might need to know
MedicPurse Technology Partner
Globe Geosolution Private Limited is an Indian company which is working in the field of Geospatial, Geoscience, Energy, IT, Urban Planning, Infrastructure Design, Artificial Intelligence System, Earthquake Study and Training & Education Development. Globe Geosolution Private Limited is represented as a customized solution provider in Geo related Industry along with their other technical consultancy works. Globe Geosolution offers complete solutions & services in their expertise in highly quality controlled and Professional manner, where every client feels on the pinnacle precedence. Globe Geosolution is founded with sun-up of the new millennium. The firm is started with vision to provide an integrated Geospatial, Geosciences and IT solutions for all at affordable charges without compromising on the quality.
Data Access Intervention Initiative (DAII) Projects (Education Sector)
Data Access Intervention Initiative (DAII) Projects (Real Estate)